You’re probably looking for a platform that can streamline your SEO content creation process–from content brief, to writing, to optimization. Both Marketmuse and Frase can serve this purpose.
Here are a few common reasons why SEO’s, agencies, and content teams choose Frase over Marketmuse:
A more transparent approach to topic recommendations
Marketmuse and Frase use different approaches to recommend topics for SEO content optimization.
- Marketmuse pulls content from thousands of pages for a given subject, and their topic model suggests 50 related topics. Marketmuse’s thesis is that you have to go beyond the top Google results to understand what topics are required to cover a subject comprehensively.
- Frase deeply analyzes the top 20 search results for your target query, and automatically extracts the most relevant topics. Using SERP analysis as a stepping stone, Frase then recommends related topics and ideas to help you differentiate yourself against competition.
While Marketmuse’s topic model is a respectable approach, the reality is most content managers and SEOs are initially looking to perform competitor analysis. In other words, they want a snapshot of the topics mentioned across the SERP. This makes Frase’s approach a lot more transparent since the user can reference where the topics are exactly coming from.
Frase starts with SERP analysis, but we don’t stop there. We understand the importance of “information gain” and how Google wants the content creator to go the extra mile and incorporate more relevant topics beyond those mentioned by competitors. To this end, Frase allows you to explore related topics, and questions so you can make your content more comprehensive.
Save big time with Frase
While Marketmuse promotes a free plan, and an entry paid plan priced at $150/mo, be aware you will have to pay extra every time to generate a Content Brief or a First Draft. According to their website:
- “Credits are used to order MarketMuse Content Briefs and First Drafts. Credits cost $25/each.”
- “You can order First Drafts with MarketMuse credits. They cost 3 credits each (1 for the Content Brief and 2 for the content generation).”
- This means you would pay $75 for each draft.
At Frase all functionality is baked into the subscription, without a credit system or usage limitation.
|Content brief feature||Self-service baked into all subscriptions||Credit-based. 1 Content brief costs 1 credit ($25)|
|AI Draft feature||Self-service baked into the optional add-on ($35/mo)||Credit-based. One draft costs 2 credits ($50)|
Frase offers a true AI writer with unlimited usage and limitless customization
AI is now good enough to truly add value to the writer by expanding content, rewriting paragraphs, summarizing information, and more.
While Marketmuse provides AI content generation as part of their First Draft offering, this capability is expensive and not nearly as flexible and customizable as the Frase AI Writer. You can gain unlimited access to the Frase AI Writer by purchasing the Add-on for only $35/mo. With Marketmuse, you would be spending $50 to generate on AI draft alone.
With the Frase AI Writer, you can:
A. Generate New Content
– Generate full drafts out of an outline
– Use templates to generate content in any format (blog intro, product descriptions, etc)
B. Rewrite Existing Content
– Rewrite your content or your competitors’ content
C. Expand on Existing Content
– Use the AI Writer to continue your train of thought or write your next paragraph for you
But it’s not just about features
Let’s be honest: product comparison pages like this are usually biased. When bloggers create them, they just favor the option with the best affiliate commissions. When vendors create them, their tool undoubtedly wins. Yet, people will still ask us: how’s Frase better than SurferSEO?
We believe customers not just buy features, but also buy brands they can trust and invest in long-term. So instead of trying of going too hard comparing both tools side-by-side, here are a few reasons as of why we believe you will love working with us: